Are your products vegan and gluten free?
All the products are Vegan. Although none of my products use gluten containing ingredients, they are made in a kitchen that may process gluten and therefore they are sadly not suitable for coeliac’s.
I have a nut Allergy…
All the chease’s are made from nuts, and therefore not suitable for those with a nut allergy. Cashews and Almonds. The chease’s are free from coconut oil and soya.
The Kombucha and Vegetable Ferments do not contain nuts in the ingredients but are made and packed in a kitchen which handles nuts.
What are the benefits of eating and drinking fermented products?
In short here are some of the many benefits of incorporating fermented foods into your daily diet:
· Contain live probiotic bacteria and yeast
· Improves Gut Health
· The process of fermentation breaks down food components and makes it easier for our gut to digest. Saving energy and releasing more available nutrients
· 95% of the body’s serotonin is produced within our gut. Serotonin is a feel good / pleasure hormone.
· 70% of the cells which make up our immune system are found within the gut
· Can prevent the growth of disease forming bacteria. Fermented foods contain lactic acid which destroy harmful bacteria
· Improves digestion and bloating
· Recommended to take daily when prescribed a course of antibiotics
· Can reduce blood pressure
· Strengthens the immune system
· Great source of antioxidants
· Lowers blood pressure
· Lowers inflammation
· Levels out blood pressure
· Rich in minerals, vitamins (vitamin C and B’s), enzymes and a good source of fibre.
And the list continues…
Can I order something bespoke?
I am super flexible! If you would like me to make a chease for a special occasion please drop me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we can talk about what you would like.
Where can I come to try your products?
Please visit the Markets page for details on where I am popping up. I always have samples for you to try!
How long is the shelf life?
Kombucha’s – 2 Months
Vegetable ferments – 2 Months
Cashew and Almond Soft Cultured Chease’s – 2 to 3 weeks. The chease’s are free from preservatives, as a result the product is fresh and natural. The chease’s can be frozen for up to 4 months, to maintain their quality and texture I recommend to defrost them in the fridge overnight.
what about plastic?
I am a big supporter of the PLASTIC FREE MOVEMENT and REDUCE REUSE RECYCLE.
I have made choices right from the start of developing the business to avoid using plastic in my packaging. It can be a challenge but its 100% worth it.
When I receive supplies in the post, I recycle everything that I can, but anything that I cannot recycle I reuse.